Saturday, July 5, 2014

Family and Getting Out

Wednesday did not go at all how I thought it might go, but turned out to be a wonderful day.  The men in my life, led by my husband, conspired to get me out and away from Henry.  Woah! I was not sure I was ready for that.  Garrick had flown back to Cincy on Tuesday in order to bring Henry's brothers out to Baltimore, so it was just Henry and me to separate.  Were Grandma and Grandpa really ready and able to help Henry?

I think they are the goofiest of Henry's relatives.  :)  So good to have them visit!
My older brother, Ron, and his family were back in Baltimore for the day.  The plan was for them to take me to lunch while the grandparents took the kids to McDonald's.  So, we took Henry out to the car and figured out that he can sit in the car in his booster seat with the seat reclined.  Yes!  So, lunch went as planned.  I joined Ron, Jen, and Grant at a delicious place called Season's, which serves large plates for reasonable prices, and is delicious!  I was happy to share some of the crab cake. I think I like Maryland crab cakes. ;)

Meanwhile, Grandma and Grandpa had Henry and Emma at McDonald's.  They even got out of the car and ate in the restaurant to Henry's great joy.  Grandpa even survived a trip to the bathroom.  Thankfully, they sent me multiple pictures to keep me calm.

After lunch, we played a couple of intense rounds of Uno.
I am so thankful that our family has been there to support us, to entertain us, to make sure all of us are okay during this journey.  We are so blessed that our family loves Henry and us enough to plan their own vacations around visiting Henry.

We even got out for dinner with Grandma and Grandpa.  Though, this time I was with Henry. After dinner, we said, "See ya later," to Grandma and Grandpa as they headed back to Cincy in the a.m.

On Thursday, Henry slept until 11 a.m.  Poor kid was tired after all our adventures.  We had a quiet day of cleaning while we waited for the rest of the Horton boys to arrive.  It was so good to see our 3 boys together again, to see my other 2 boys.  Henry was so excited to have them here.  Thank you, Daddy, for making the long drive.


The Hortons together again!

We are all going to get good at Ping Pong thanks to the HP House.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see lil Henry is doing so well! He is truly a blessing to be around. He is Mr . independent! He always has a smile...A kind word...and is full of life! It was my pleasure to have gotten to carry him to school in the mornings:) have a blessed day....
    Miss you,
    Ms. Angie ( bus 32 morning pick up)

    ReplyDelete