Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Quiet Tuesday

Today, we had a quiet day.  It was in the 90's outside, so it was a great day to stay in.  I tried giving Henry a smaller dose of the pain meds, but you could tell he wasn't feeling well.  He was significantly more upbeat and happy back on the higher dose.  He wasn't ready, and that is alright.  I will give him a few more days before I try again.  I have been relieved that Henry hasn't seemed to need the Valium overnight.  I will continue to see if he needs it after we wean more seriously from the pain medication.

Today Henry beat his Grandpa B in a serious game of ping pong, showed off his winning smile, watched the USA lose against Belgium (the family from Belgium found a Belgium bar to watch the game instead of staying at the House), met another young woman who had rotationplasty 6 years ago(it is such a cool thing to be here and connect with families who have similar experiences), and painted his little heart out.

Love this picture!  I also love that Grandma Cheri is in the background, again. LOL
Henry also began to work on using a walker.  It will be so cool to see him be more independent once he is go on that!

Grandma Cheri and I were busy making velcro underwear that Henry can wear over his Spica cast. Hehehe, our handstitching is quite impressive.

Ready to rest up for some more fun tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment